I am a Linux System, DevOps, Automation and Cloud Engineer. By Profession I am a Senior Architect in Cloud and DevOps.
I love Linux and always will support the Linux and Open Source Software.
A brief about sharadchhetri.com
I used to sometimes write some posts in Blogspot. And that was the pin date of my blogging journey. And I still write. I started writing the blog posts so that I should be able to keep my Technical Notes available in Internet. Whenever I or somebody need the tutorial, they can visit to my technical notes.
Because I was just keep writing the Technical Articles , sharadchhetri.com grown and started showing in Search Engine. Many topics started ranking even. But I never seriously thought about SEO things, even I still do not !
On 03/March/2011 I just casually bought this domain name (sharadchhetri.com) from my friend and colleague Mr. Jay. He bought the Domain in my behalf and used his credit card. During those days, I was not having the Credit Card. I just bought the domain casually without thinking about to do blogging on it. Now a days, you will be lucky to find the domain name which could match with your real name.
The SharadChhetri.com is actually more like a “Proof Of Concept Ground” for me. I did lots of experiments on this Blog Setup. The blog also get too many attacks. I also learned a lot from these attacks (Thanks for attacking 🙂 ).
The journey of sharadchhetri.com was awesome and I am thrilled to share the experience.
- First I hosted sharadchhetri.com in Godaddy Webhosting.
- Later, migrated to VPS server.
- Then, I moved it to Digital Ocean when Digital Ocean was just started.
- Later, I moved it to AWS so that I should do practical on AWS. And still, I am hosting it in AWS and using sharadchhetri.com for POC work.
- From HTTP to HTTPS.
- Change in Date Format URL to Post Title URL.
- I changed it multiple times. I keep on changing mostly. As I said, I used this blog for POC and Test work also.
- NO Thunbnails in entire blog [part of SEO testing] to scripted Auto Generated and Auto attaching the Thumbnails [For Automation Test]. [I have stopped now]
This might be helpful for many. These all technologies I have used for POC work in my blog sharadchhetri.com.
- Used Varnish Servers long back.
- Used Floating IP Address with High Availability.
- Created own geographically distributed caching system like private CDN.
- Autoscaling of WordPress site in Digital Ocean when Digital Ocean was just started.
- MySQL Master-Slave. Keeping only Master Node for Read/Write , rest Nodes for Read only purpose.
- Memcached Server implemented.
- Redis Server implemented for Queuing purpose.
- Auto Healing of server issues through Nagios.
- Zero Downtime Migration.
- Migration from WordPress To Static HTML page website. Later reverted.
- Migration to Docker Containers , to Kubernetes Cluster and reverted back to AWS EC2.
I think there are more POC work I did .. not able to recall .. I just tried to put the major one.
Current AWS Server Information of sharadchhetri.com :
Operating System : Ubuntu Server
Caching : Nginx + FastCGI
Web Server : Nginx with PHP-FPM
Database : MariaDB
CMS : WordPress
CDN : Cloudflare
Message At The End
Enjoy Linux , Enjoy Learning ! Spread love and help the poor and needy.
This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not those of my current/past employers. I do reserve the right to remove comments left by spammers or off-topic comments.