This is a quick post on how to disable user self registration in Bugzilla. It is very important to disable user self registration otherwise in publicly faced bugzilla anyone can register for new user and will login into bugzilla.
Bugzilla is one of the famous web based bug tracking tool.
Note: Practical Applied on bugzilla-4.4.6
Follow the given below steps for disabling user self registeration in bugzilla
1. Open your bugzilla link in web browser. If still self registration is enabled,the page shows as given below
2. Now login as user with Admin privileges. You will get the dashboard.
click on Administration >> Parameters
3. Now click on “User Authentication”
Inside “User Authentication” section. Go to parameter called requirelogin . In requirelogin select On . (If this option is set, all access to the system beyond the front page will require a login. No anonymous users will be permitted.)
Just scroll down more.
Inside “User Authentication” section.Now go to parameter called createemailregexp and make the field blank. Just as we did in below given screenshot.
4. Now click on “Save Changes” button.
5. Now logout from the bugzilla and reopen the bugzilla link once again. You will get different frontpage where instead of “Open a New Account” option you will see “Log In” option.
The user self registration is disabled. Now user will be created by admin user.