In this method we will learn how to upgrade ubuntu 12.10 to 13.04 through command line. We will upgrade the ubunutu online hence the good speed internet connection is required.
We will stepwise use two commands to upgrade the system.
Note: Upgrading the Ubuntu will take time it depends upon your internet speed as well.
Step 1: First update the system by using the below given command.
sudo apt-get update
Step 2: After this run do-release-upgrade command and follow the instruction as per your requirement.
Once all steps are finished it is good to restart the system
- Install Openssh server on Ubuntu Desktop / Server - November 16, 2014
- Install MariaDB Server 10.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS ( Trusty Tahr ) - November 15, 2014
- Redirect sudo output to file - November 13, 2014
- 3 Steps to install skype 4.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 / 12.04 - November 8, 2014
- Install Owncloud 7 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server - November 6, 2014
- cron job not working : troubleshooting steps - November 5, 2014
- tr command to convert lines to space , tab and vertical tab - October 31, 2014
- Bash : print variable value inside single and double quotes - October 16, 2014
- CentOS 7 / RHEL 7 : change OpenSSH port number ( SELINUX enabled ) - October 15, 2014
- CentOS 7 / RHEL 7 : Reset / Recover forgotten root password - October 11, 2014